Saturday, May 16, 2009

Typical morning

I've got to do something about my mornings! Here's how my typical morning plays out:


  • I wake up before DH, in order to wake him up for work.
  • I make him juice (2 grapefruits and 2 oranges) in our juicer; I lay out his work uniform, accessories and boots; I bag his lunch (usually left-overs, bananas, a maybe a snack) and his multi-vitamins.
  • If he is not up yet, I try to wake him again (sometimes with hand massages).
  • After he leaves, I usually eat breakfast (cereal with cut-up banana) and then fall asleep on the couch until around 11AM.

The TV is on during this time. I sometimes watch parts of the Today Show. At 11 Rachael Ray comes on. During Rachael Ray I try to put away one load of laundry. After that, the TV goes off. Everything else on TV is just mind-numbing until 8PM.


I don't know if it is healthy for my sleeping habits to be like this. I would like to go to bed at 10PM, but DH doesn't start winding down until 11 or 12. If, for example, DH has to be at work at 7:30, then I would wake up between 5:30 and 6. and go back to sleep between 7:30 and 8 for another 3 hours. I apparently need my 8 hours of sleep to function!


But I don't know if this schedule is working out. Maybe I just need to try to force myself to stay awake until I can have an after-lunch siesta. But I know how hard it is for me to stay focused; I wonder if I can actually get anything accomplished while I'm forcing myself to stay awake.


We'll see what happens... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!